Wednesday, June 24, 2009

BUSTED PUNKS!


I built a simple gangplank hanging over a tall trash can, and held the back of the gangplank down with pushpins, so the punks would learn to trust it, and venture out to eat the peanut butter I'd placed on the end.
My thinking was that I could catch all three of them this way, and release them altogether. I set my rig up and got them quite used to it in the first 24 hours. I figured I'd give them two full days of the illusion, and pull the pins on the third day. However, on day two, I came back from a morning meeting, and one of them was already in the bucket. It must have fallen in when all three of them were crowding the end of the gangplank to get some PB. Oh well, I thought, I guess I'll have to pull the pins today, and so I did.
Within an hour, there were skid marks in the peanut butter, and all three chipmunk punks were in the bucket. Looks like day three is relocation day!


No comments: